Status of the L. L. Langstroth Marker for Philadelphia

Matt Redman

Mar 24, 2010, 7:33:04 PM3/24/10
to lll...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
Great news!  The Pennsylvania Historical & Museum  Commission (PHMC) "has approved the historical marker nomination for Rev. Lorenzo Lorraine Langstroth...."

This nomination will have to be funded and a dedication date will have to be arrived at--not to mention an appropriate ceremony to honor LLL in Philadelphia. There is also some question as to where exactly the marker should be placed and whether site permissions can be obtained.  But this is an exciting first step and, with a little help, I look forward to resolving these issues so that Langstroth can have the recognition he deserves.

my congratulations go out to the Philadelphia Beekeepers as well as the Beekeeping Nation--this is a very special year,
Matt Redman

--
Chesapeake Soaps
8992 S Bayview Dr