Discussion on an-introductory-invitation

Suzanne Matlock

Nov 15, 2009, 10:09:12 AM11/15/09
to LLL200
Yesterday, copies of the Open Letter from Carl about the Langstroth
stamp, was handed out to the attendees of the 2009 Pennsylvania State
Beekeepers' Association (PSBA) meeting in Lewisburg, PA. These
attendees were encouraged by Maryann Frazier, the leading Penn State U
researcher into Colony Colapse Disorder. When Maryann speaks about
bees, people listen! She also announced that the new Philadelphia
beekeepers' group along with the Montgomery Co. (Pa.) Beekeepers'
Assoc. would be supporting the effort to promote the Langstroth 200th
Birthday event to be held in Philadelphia in 2010. She promised more
details would be forthcoming in the newsletters of the PSBA.
Even before that though, the representatives of the Philadelphia
beekeepers' group were successful in adding to the PSBA's 2009
Resolutions list that the PSBA was resolved to support the Langstroth
stamp effort in honor of Pennsylvania's most famous beekeeper. This
resolution was duly recorded by the secretary and since she is also
the newsletter editor for PSBA, I am sure there will be greater
awareness of the effort as people read the next newsletter.
The Friday night banquet was preceded by a blessing that included a
moment of silence for the beekeepers who have gone before and from
whom we have learned so much, with a special shout out to LL
Langstroth and the moveable frame hive!
Thank you, Carl for putting together such timely and easy-to-use info
about the stamp. I will make the effort to get the open letter into
the next Montgomery Co. newsletter although it is not slated until Jan
which might be a bit untimely for the decision of the USPO, but it's
worth a try.
Suzanne & Norman Matlock (Philadelphia County)