unrecoverable error - constant expressions

mriccobene

Oct 31, 2012, 11:20:01 AM10/31/12
to ll...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
using llbmc i got this error:

Unrecoverable error: Please add support for constant expressions with opcode icmp!

What does that mean?

Many thanks,
Michelangelo

LLBMC

Nov 6, 2012, 11:52:00 AM11/6/12
to ll...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michelangelo,

it seems that this is a bug in LLBMC, where a certain construct is not yet supported.
The "add support" part in the error message is more directed to us, not you.

We will fix this in a maintenance release that will be available very soon.

To make sure that your program is also covered by our fix, could you please send us
your C code and/or the bitcode file that resulted in the error message?

Thanks for reporting the bug!

-- Stephan & Carsten

mriccobene

Nov 8, 2012, 9:59:07 AM11/8/12
to ll...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
in attachments you have errored_program.zip that contains:

- program.bc => bit code that generates the error
- other files => source code and script to generate and verify program.bc

i am using:

- LLBMC Version 2012.2
- clang version 3.1 (branches/release_31 157047) | Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu | Thread model: posix
- libstdc++ related to g++ (SUSE Linux) 4.7.1 20120723 [gcc-4_7-branch revision 189773]

on

- openSUSE 12.2
- x86_64 machine

Thanks!