Soliciting proposals for Emerging Languages 2012

Alex Payne

Mar 11, 2012, 7:45:05 PM3/11/12
to ll-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Apologies if this is old news to some of you, but we're soliciting sessions for this year's Emerging Languages event.

For the past two years the event has been co-located with OSCON, which has been a mixed bag. This year we're moving it to the excellent Strange Loop conference in St Louis. Emerging Languages sessions will happen on Sunday, September 23rd. Strange Loop will happen on the following two days, and will boast of a number of interesting language-related sessions and keynotes in its own right.

If you're on this list, chances are good that we'd like to hear a talk from you. Please consider proposing a session. We'll have both ~30 minute and ~50 minute sessions, and interestingly, the shorter talks tend to be more popular. We're interested in new languages, obviously, but also in new language implementation techniques and related explorations.

If you have any questions, please contact me off-list. Thanks!

--
Alex Payne
http://al3x.net/