Re: Changes needed to the proposed bylaws

Greg Jackson

Jan 1, 2024, 7:47:16 PMJan 1
to Joe Terry, Harry Bubbins, ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com, La Jolla Community Planning Association

Please submit that via the public portal so that everyone can see your objections to proceeding.

Greg Jackson
La Jolla Community Planning Association ● lajollacpa.org
gjackson.us+1-773-936-9235
(GJ)

On 1/1/2024 4:26 PM, Joe Terry wrote:
Hi All,

The attached docs identify changes needed to the proposed bylaws and summarize the substantive changes needed.

Due to the large number of editorial and substantive changes needed to the bylaws proposed by the Ad-Hoc Committee, it seems unlikely that all of the changes can be addressed adequately before or during the special members meeting and that a well prepared bylaws doc can be approved at that meeting.  That is despite the tremendous amount of good work done by the Ad-Hoc Committee and others.

I will now turn to the proposed Operating Procedures doc, which seems to have a lot of overlap with the bylaws while missing some potentially important text that is included in the City's OP template.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments etc.

Thanks and Happy new Year,

Joe