Re: A request from the LJCPA Bylaws Update Committee

Patrick Ahern

Aug 10, 2023, 1:36:08 PM8/10/23
to ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your good work Greg!

Patrick Ahern
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties
858-220-9001
ahern...@gmail.com
DRE#00610407

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023, 9:49 AM Greg Jackson <gjac...@outlook.com> wrote:
LJCPA Logo

We'd like your help. (And offer our apologies if you've already received this--we're casting a wide net.)

LJCPA provides recommendations to the City on development projects in La Jolla and land-use policies that affect us. The City has revised the terms and conditions under which it will recognize community planning groups like LJCPA. In particular, if we are to continue  being recognized and indemnified by the City, we must remove attendance requirements and certain other obstacles to voting and candidacy, refine conflict-of-interest and similar ethical provisions, expand our efforts to broaden community participation and improve representation, and provide broader reports on our progress. To achieve this, we must amend our Bylaws and submit certain other documents.

In addition to complying with the City's changes, this is an opportunity to update obsolete provisions, and to think more broadly about longstanding challenges that may be impairing LJCPA's effectiveness. For example, there have been suggestions to improve project review and meeting procedures (and in particular the Consent Agenda process), to implement and fund more extensive meeting technologies, and to use more modern election mechanisms.

The Trustees have appointed a committee, which I chair, to propose changes for review and endorsement by the Trustees and then the City. You may have ideas how to tackle these or other challenges, and we would very much appreciate your sharing those with us.

You can do that by

All submissions will be publicly available at https://groups.google.com/g/ljcpa-bylaws-comments. These and other links are also on the Committee's web page, https://lajollacpa.org/2023-bylaws-update, and we'll also be posting draft revisions and other documents there.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Greg Jackson, for LJCPA
gaj....@yahoo.com773-936-9235

zWw8vRZiZtbwd2h2.png

Barbara Bry

Aug 11, 2023, 4:03:05 PM8/11/23
to ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com, La Jolla Community Planning Association

Hi Greg,

Thank you for doing this.

If I have suggestions, I will let you know,

Barbara

Barbara Bry,

Blackbird Ventures

(858) 248-9465