Initial feedback

Steck, Robert

Aug 19, 2023, 2:52:07 PM8/19/23
to ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com

Following please find my initial feedback concerning the bylaws.

In general, I think that the renumbering really cleans them up significantly.

Section IV. 5 We need to make sure we account for on line participation in the training.

Section V.5  We need to delete the reference to the LJ Rec Center, and allow for voting to take place on line.  If it continues to be in person, there may be another place that is more convenient.  If we continue with mailing ballots, we need to account for that possibility.

Section V. 6  (B, D) Again, we need to include the possibility of on line voting, as hopefully we will be heading in that direction.

Article VI.  There’s no mention of 2nd VP, perhaps it’s not necessary?;

Section Vii.3  Third paragraph refers to “section 2.A (1) below”, should be changed?

VII.6.E  Consent agenda is silent concerning whether or not the person pulling an item needs to be in attendance.  We need clarification, and I’m happy to discuss in person;

Section Vii.6.1  We will require a special member meeting called to make the revisions?

Section VII.7.A  We need to at least include an indirect interest, and need to define, if possible.  The requirement for the individual to leave the room doesn’t make sense.  This happened a few years ago, when Brian Will had to leave the room, and it was very awkward, as he was not in a position to participate in the discussion.

Section VIII.1.A Another reference to the Rec Center, which doesn’t make sense;

Thanks, this is just a first pass!

Robert Steck, CRPC™

Rohr, Steck & Associates

Vice President

Senior Financial Advisor

CA Insurance Lic. # OI29327

Merrill Lynch Life Agency CA Lic. #0522776

NMLS ID: 1234007

Merrill Lynch Wealth Management

Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc.

7825 Fay Avenue, Suite 300

La Jolla, CA 92037

Ph: 858-456-3674

Email: robert...@ml.com

Rohr, Steck, & Associates Website

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.