New form response notification

Update Survey

Sep 15, 2023, 2:58:46 PM9/15/23
to ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com

Your form has a new entry. Here are all the answers.

Your nameBrian Earley
Your emailbear...@san.rr.com
Brief title for your suggestionConsent Agenda tightening
Relevant section of current Bylaws (optional, but helpful)Subpart 4.4 Consent Agenda
What is the problem you'd like the Committee to address?Use of consent agenda "pull" to obstruct progress
What general or specific changes do you propose?Last year we had an unknown person with only an email address and nothing else had a T&T Action Item pulled from consent. No reason was given, this person could not be identified as to their relationship to the La Jolla community and did not respond to my inquiries as the reason for the item being pulled. They just disappeared.
With that said, I fully support that a person must be present at the LJCPA meeting to have an agenda item pulled. I would also advocate that that person has a trustee who agrees with them and that every effort to have that item cleared is made at that time rather than delaying it 30 days. The transportation board sees requests (including this month) whose public event may involve hundreds of people and the closure of streets or an important safety feature that has already been approved by City traffic engineers and was waiting or the T&T and CPA approval.
I would advocate a majority vote of the trustees to discuss and approve or as a last resort, send it to the following monthly item pulled form consent. If a consent item is requested to be pulled, they must have at least one trustee present that is in agreeance.

Update Survey

Sep 22, 2023, 7:08:54 PM9/22/23
to ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com

Your form has a new entry. Here are all the answers.

Your nameLarry Davidson
Your emaillndav...@gmail.com

Brief title for your suggestion

Suggestion: Add something about cost of Appeals

Relevant section of current Bylaws (optional, but helpful)

Subpart 3.1

What is the problem you'd like the Committee to address?

At present, LJCPA can afford only one appeal to the City. This could change depending upon CPA's financial condition.

What general or specific changes do you propose?

Add something to the effect that if someone (public or member of LJCPA) requests that the CPA appeal a project, they could be required to pay part or all of the City fee.
How do your proposed changes address the problem?Clearly stating to the public and CPA that CPA cannot support multiple appeals if CPA's financial conditions do not allow.

Update Survey

Sep 22, 2023, 7:15:27 PM9/22/23
to ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com

Your form has a new entry. Here are all the answers.

Your nameLarry Davidson
Your emaillndav...@gmail.com

Brief title for your suggestion

Community Participation & Representation Plan

Relevant section of current Bylaws (optional, but helpful)

Page 4, last entry.

What is the problem you'd like the Committee to address?

Reference to Subject Matter Expert. This term has a specific connotation. The cost/availability of an SME could be prohibitive if they don't volunteer.

What general or specific changes do you propose?

Replace SME with "expert."

How do your proposed changes address the problem?

If someone requests an SME, this change eliminates a problem if CPA can't provide an SME.

Update Survey

Sep 22, 2023, 7:21:53 PM9/22/23
to ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com

Your form has a new entry. Here are all the answers.

Your nameLarry Davidson
Your emaillndav...@gmail.com

Brief title for your suggestion

Pop-Up Events

Relevant section of current Bylaws (optional, but helpful)

Page 5

What is the problem you'd like the Committee to address?

Add more specificity

What general or specific changes do you propose?

Add Sunday LJ Street Fair