CPG Composition

Suzanne Baracchini

Aug 11, 2023, 9:20:12 PM8/11/23
to ljcpa-byla...@googlegroups.com

Based on my experience as LJCPA Officer (Secretary) since April 2022 I would like to present areas of the Bylaws & Operating Procedures that may benefit from improvement and hereby offer potential solutions.

CP 600-24 Terms & Conditions - States:

4. CPG Composition

4.3 Community Representation The CPG will ensure that voting members be affiliated with the community as either a:

(1) property owner, who is an individual identified as the sole or partial owner of record, or their employee, of a real property (either developed or undeveloped), within the community planning area; What is the LJCPA method of verification for a property owner (needs to be stated in the Bylaws)?

(2) resident, who is an individual whose primary address of residence is an address in the community planning area; or What is the LJCPA method of verification for a resident (needs to be stated in the bylaws)?

(3) local business person, who is a local business or non-profit owner, operator, or designee at a non-residential real property address in the community planning area as evidenced by a business tax certificate or other official document. I would like the LJCPA Bylaws Update Committee to take a closer look at the definition of a “local business person”. Has the LJCPA been allowing people with La Jolla PO Boxes or associations with La Jolla Realtor offices to be qualifying  criteria for CPA voting members? In my opinion a PO Box # or an association with a realtor office (if the realtor does not live in La Jolla) is not a good qualifying criteria for a La Jolla business. This is often used by realtors trying to increase their engagement and value in the community. How do we monitor this?

--

Suzanne Baracchini

Trustee & Secretary

La Jolla Community Planning Association

PO Box 889, La Jolla CA 92038

https://lajollacpa.org

in...@lajollacpa.org

Become a member of LJCPA.

Your voice & vote count! Plus its free!

Use this link to join us! LJCPA Membership

Use this link to view 2023 Agendas & Minutes