EC2 Windows

Thom Shannon

Oct 24, 2008, 6:50:48 AM10/24/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
I noticed a couple of you have been playing with the new windows stuff
on ec2, how is it?

It does seem a bit expensive, kind of a last resort I guess.

Michael James

Oct 24, 2008, 6:58:42 AM10/24/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
I havn't used it yet but I've been reading alot of people winging
about the cost and how OS DB's are more cost effective.

But I think you get what you pay for really

--
Regards,

Michael James
m. 07793-113-556
e. mi...@mjjames.co.uk
twitter. mjjames

Paul Kinlan

Oct 24, 2008, 9:31:45 AM10/24/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
The service is fine so far.

You are getting your own machine (essentially) for about 86 dollars a month (not including storage).  How many dedicated hosts can beat that? not many.  How many "virtual dedicated" hosts can beat that?  Not many.  Godaddy for instance are at £64 a month for less of a spec.

Paul.