pronunciation

1 view

Thom Shannon

Aug 27, 2008, 6:32:30 AM8/27/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
me and chris were just trying to work out how we'd pronounce the name of
this group, we reckon it should be loo-den, or more formally, IPA:
/'luːdɛn/ :)

Paul Kinlan

Aug 27, 2008, 6:34:05 AM8/27/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
I have always said it as  el-you-owe-dee-en.

Paul Kinlan

Aug 27, 2008, 6:34:55 AM8/27/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
Could we just not be usersof.net, liverpool branch.

Michael James

Aug 27, 2008, 6:38:03 AM8/27/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
+1, that's how I always say it to people, or just "a geek thing" to
those not acquainted with technical stuff ;)

2008/8/27 Paul Kinlan <paul....@gmail.com>:

--
Regards,

Michael James
m. 07793-113-556
e. mi...@mjjames.co.uk
twitter. mjjames

Thom Shannon

Aug 27, 2008, 6:43:03 AM8/27/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
i doubt there's going to be any more branches, we're still struggling to get this one off the ground.

I've been submitting us to some user group directories to try and get more attention, the best thing though would probably be to get a well known speaker, just to get local publicity. I was talking to someone from MS about organising a day of sessions with some of their developers, he's gone a bit quiet now, it would be a good opportunity to promote the group though.
--
*** OPEN COFFEE - http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/833196/ ***

Terms & Conditions Apply: http://www.glow-internet.com/home/terms.aspx

Glow New Media
t: 0151 707 9770
m: 07730 987 574
www.glow-internet.com

Suite 712 Gostins Building
32-36 Hanover Street
Liverpool
L1 4LN

Map: http://tinyurl.com/2f5nxd

Paul Kinlan

Aug 27, 2008, 6:51:43 AM8/27/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I agree.  I think one of the best things that we have is the domain usersof.net....  The Liverpool branch was just because of the "l" in luodn.

Paul Kinlan

Aug 27, 2008, 6:52:13 AM8/27/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
Meant to say could our UG not simply be called "users of .net"