#region ... #endregion

1 view

Paul Kinlan

Aug 14, 2008, 10:05:18 AM8/14/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just having a debate in work!

#region evil or not?

I think they are and I am trying to get the coding standards changed! :)

Paul.

Thom Shannon

Aug 14, 2008, 10:08:22 AM8/14/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
i dont have a problem with them, i just dont use them, we dont really
have ridged coding standards here :)

--
*** OPEN COFFEE - http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/833196/ ***

Terms & Conditions Apply: http://www.glow-internet.com/home/terms.aspx

Glow New Media
t: 0151 707 9770
m: 07730 987 574
www.glow-internet.com

Suite 712 Gostins Building
32-36 Hanover Street
Liverpool
L1 4LN

Map: http://tinyurl.com/2f5nxd

Paul Kinlan

Aug 14, 2008, 10:22:59 AM8/14/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
we have coding standards, but nobody seems to follow them ;)

Adam Cooper

Aug 14, 2008, 1:36:09 PM8/14/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
Not evil at all. Install Regionerate and you may change your mind.

http://www.rauchy.net/regionerate/

Then again you might not.

Adam

Martin Owen

Aug 15, 2008, 3:47:01 PM8/15/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
I'm a fan of #Region. I think it's easier to read code if you can hide chunks once you know what they're doing. If you don't like them then just don't collapse them. I can think of more controversial coding standards. Like banning the ternary operator.

Martin

Paul Kinlan

Aug 15, 2008, 4:51:51 PM8/15/08
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
hehe, I quite like ternary operators they can simplify code (imo), "??" is pretty good too... I think regions, even when expanded get in the way....

But that is just me. :)