Fwd: [GeekUp] Functional Programming Night at GeekUp Liverpool May

Hakim Cassimally

May 6, 2011, 10:27:06 AM5/6/11
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
I mentioned this on the list a couple of weeks ago, and Geekup will
indeed be hosting its first ever "Functional Programming Night":

http://lanyrd.com/2011/geekup-liverpool-may/

It'll mostly consist of 3 short talks on Haskell, Lisp, and Clojure,
one of them from a .Net perspective!

* Haskell in the Real World (Hakim @osfameron)
* Implenting a Lisp interpreter in .Net (Simon Johnson)
* Clojure: why you should be interested in a 50 year old language
(Tom Mortimer-Jones @morty_uk)

There will also be beer!

The talks are likely to be more "general interest" than assuming deep
knowledge of FP

osf'

May 24, 2011, 5:56:53 AM5/24/11
to liverpoolus...@googlegroups.com
The FP night is next week! (Tuesday 31st). Hope to see some of you there?

Though we're not talking about F# (at least, not in the talks, perhaps
afterwards, over beer ;-), the talk on implementing Lisp will be using
.Net

Cheers,
Hakim / osfameron