XML data file issue with multiple instance subforms

mhw

Dec 28, 2021, 8:23:12 AM12/28/21
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers

I created a form in AEM Form Designer including some repeatable subfolders.

However, unlike in other forms I have created, in the XML data file generated by the Email Submit button, the data from the multiple instances of the fields in these repeatable subforms are not grouped together: the first instance is positioned in the order of the form's fields; the following instances are at the bottom of the XML data file.

I don't know what I did differently this time.

Any idea about what I did wrong?

Thanks

Adam D.

Dec 28, 2021, 9:55:29 AM12/28/21
to live...@googlegroups.com
Did you check the tab order or grouping order in the hierarchy? When the xml is being generated it follows the order of the fields. Long as each field has a unique name and goes in order in the hierarchy list (example emField1, emField2... and tabbing order is correct) it should work.

- Adam

fred.pantalone

Dec 29, 2021, 11:40:35 AM12/29/21
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
What method are you using for binding fields and subforms?

mhw

Dec 29, 2021, 1:50:10 PM12/29/21
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
all subforms and fields have unique names and their data binding is set on "Use name". The tab order seems pretty standard to me.

Adam

Dec 29, 2021, 2:01:54 PM12/29/21
to live...@googlegroups.com
So if you look at the hierarchy its ok, and each has a unique name. Does the naming convention follow through on subforms? Each subform should have a different name along with the fields.