Expiring Reader Extensions root certificate

fred.pantalone

Jul 21, 2022, 2:07:23 PM7/21/22
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
The root certificate for Adobe Reader Extensions certificates expires on Jan 7, 2023 and this means that all PDFs that have had usage rights added with these expiring certs will no longer have functioning usage rights after that date. This is explained here:

To my knowledge, Adobe started issuing new certs to customers in November, 2021. The root cert for these certs expires at the end of 2036. An organization that uses Reader-Extended PDFs must re-Reader Extend all PDFs and redistribute them.

I'm interested in knowing how my fellow forum users are dealing with this. Is it a large operation for your organization? Are you concerned about PDFs already in the wild will no longer function in Reader and cause problems for your users? Were you unaware of this in the first place?

I appreciate your input!

Fred