AEM Forms to S3 FTP

Abhishek Kolluru

Jan 21, 2023, 2:58:36 PM1/21/23
to live...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I was working on a POC to FTP files between LiveCycle 6.5 server and AWS S3, needed your assistance on few questions. I was provided a endpoint, username and then a private key. In my process at FTP service level, I do not see a way to refer this .ppk, I thought I might have to import it as a credential and use the Alias instead of password but the import always fails complaining not a valid format.

Reaching out for your expertise to bail me out of this situation.

Thanks in anticipation,
Abhishek

fred.pantalone

Jan 23, 2023, 9:54:45 AM1/23/23
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
It isn't clear what product you're using. I'm sure you know that LiveCycle 6.5 doesn't even exist. Do you mean AEM Forms 6.5 JEE? OSGi?

Abhishek Kolluru

Jan 23, 2023, 1:17:16 PM1/23/23
to live...@googlegroups.com
That is correct Fred, it’s aem forms Jee 6.5.12. The default FTP service under foundation.

fred.pantalone

Jan 24, 2023, 10:55:57 AM1/24/23
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Well, I would bet that the FTP service code hasn't been updated for over a decade so you have little chance of connecting to anything other than an old school FTP server that is riddled with security flaws...

So, I think you have 2 options:

1. Assuming the S3 bucket was set up for FTP via AWS Transfer Family and it's using SFTP, ask whoever owns the AWS side to downgrade the protocol to FTPS or FTP so that you can simply use a username/password set to connect. AEM's FTP service should work ok with this as long as the TLS cert and the endpoint you're using have zero discrepancies. Even then, you might have to import the AWS TLS cert into the AEM JVM keystore.

2. (preferred) Assuming option 1 is unacceptable, as it should be in 2023, find or write some Java code and implement your own FTP component. There is code out there so this shouldn't be too difficult and time-consuming. You might have to deal with the TLS cert for this option as well so keep that in mind.

Let me know what you think of this and what you choose to do.

Fred

Abhishek Kolluru

Jan 24, 2023, 11:12:20 AM1/24/23
to live...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Fred. This is such a wonderful direction. I will try #1 since it can be instant. If that doesn't work, I will opt #2, any chance you can direct me to sample code ?

Regards,
Abhishek

fred.pantalone

Jan 24, 2023, 11:47:53 AM1/24/23