I have a doozy

Edward Mcallister

Dec 18, 2020, 6:35:44 AM12/18/20
to livecycle
Hi All,

I have been struggling with the attached. I have been asked to design an online nurses assessment form for my NHS trust. It comprises of 20 sets of questions each with their own score and the whole thing is timed.

I have now been asked if it's possible to put an admin function in so they can, using a password, create new questions and answers. I have created an admin page but the questions and correct answers are a like for like, e.g. if numbers 2, 4 & 6 are correct, the updated answers can only be correct at 2, 4 & 6..

I have put a check in so the candidate cannot exceed the number permitted (TotalCount) and another (AD) that only has the rawvalue of the correct answers.

Here is my predicament: The chief nurse wants to move these about so that she might want 1,3 & 5 as the correct, or perhaps more correct or less correct.

Because I am using a simple adding up of the correct answer, I just don't see an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance (and happy Christmas)

Ed

onlinetest ver1.pdf

David Creamer

Dec 19, 2020, 2:54:40 PM12/19/20
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
To me, this looks like a job for an eLearning software, such as Adobe Captivate, and an LMS (Learning Management System).

Do they have access to an LMS and would Captivate be an option?

Dave Creamer

Edward Mcallister

Dec 20, 2020, 4:43:49 AM12/20/20
to livecycle
Hi Dave,

We're the NHS mate, our funding for nn clinical is extremely limited.

Thanks

Ed

creamertra...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2020, 2:33:14 PM12/20/20
to live...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ed,

If you are referring to funding for the LMS, it is entirely possible they already have one but may not know about it. I’ve come across many agencies that never realized they had an LMS—another department was using it but it was actually available to other departments. In addition to commercial LMS software, Moodle is a popular open source LMS use by many corporations.

As far as Captivate goes, it’s not that expensive as far as software goes: $34 [US] per month subscription. You can also get the Technical Communication Suite that includes Captivate for $50 [US] per month. (It can be purchased outright, but I prefer the subscription.)

In comparison to the LiveCycle/AEM Enterprise cost, an LMS and Captivate workflow would be minor.

Dave Creamer

Edward Mcallister

Dec 21, 2020, 3:17:55 AM12/21/20
to livecycle
Thanks Dave,

Unfortunately the way we are constrained by budgets and red tape is the very reason they are using me to design these, and believe me, the learning curve has been steep and precipitous.

Merry Christmas

Ed