Repeating elements and multiple text columns

Brian Falor

Nov 9, 2022, 2:03:10 PM11/9/22
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
I have a form I'm working on where there is a table on page 1 with a repeating row that can repeat an infinite number of times, breaking pages as it goes.  Below the table are 2 columns of text - newspaper style.  This also needs to be set up so that it reacts as the user adds/subtracts table rows in the HTML form.

So, as table rows are added/deleted, the 2 columns of text below this need to react as well.  Being 2 columns, each page needs to shift text from the left to the right column and then as it breaks to the next page, from the previous page right column to the next page left column.  I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this.

Has anyone encountered this and is there a way to make it work?

Thank you!

fred.pantalone

Nov 16, 2022, 1:32:02 PM11/16/22
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hi Brian,

I hope you've been well! Have you seen this?:

I'm not sure how helpful it is - I spent a few minutes with it and didn't get it to do anything... I can't remember implementing columns in the way you've described.

Good luck!

Fred

DCS_JEFF

Nov 17, 2022, 8:49:38 AM11/17/22
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Not following the 2nd 2 column table...

Is this something you are populating from outside the form (binding XML data?) or is it bieng entered on the pdf itself?

Not sure if this will help.    We had requirement to have 3 columns on a page and in each column was a text box to be numbered going down, the top of the 2nd would continue numbering down the 2nd, then to the third, then continue on the next page column 1, 2, 3 and so on...

See the xdp,  corresponding xsd and sample xml

On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 2:03:10 PM UTC-5 mister...@gmail.com wrote:
PDF.zip

Brian Falor

Nov 30, 2022, 11:28:08 AM11/30/22
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
I ended up doing a work around for this one.  Thanks guys!!