How to parse signature information?

mhw

Nov 6, 2020, 4:09:36 PM11/6/20
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
I was looking for a way to parse information from a signature field, like signatory name, to use it in a separate field.

However, I can't get the script to work. and searching in scripting reference guide for LiveCycle designer ES4, I could not find the signatureInfo method.

Would anyone know if information from a signature field can be parsed and if so how?
Thank you.

fred.pantalone

Nov 8, 2020, 6:57:34 PM11/8/20
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers

mhw

Nov 9, 2020, 9:41:57 AM11/9/20
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Thank you... I'll check if I can make it work with this precious information. I'll let you know.

mhw

Nov 9, 2020, 10:31:24 AM11/9/20
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Actually, the script from the post from my original message worked...
var signatureOne = event.target.getField("form1[0].SignatureEditor[0]");
var oState = signatureOne.signatureValidate();

if (oState >= 3){
    var signatureInformation = signatureOne.signatureInfo();
    TextEditorName.rawValue = signatureInformation.name;
}

The reason it did not work was that the signature field was set to "Lock fields after signing"... silly me!

Anyway, Thank you again.