Where can I sell a few Little Blue Books???

GraLady

Feb 28, 2011, 10:12:10 PM2/28/11
to Little Blue Books
I'm sure this topic has been posted many times, but I'm new here. I
found 10 Little Blue Books of various titles in a box I got at an
estate auction. How can I sell these for a fair price? I'm just
looking for the best way to sell them. I looked on Ebay, and they
don't seem to sell on there. Any help or info appreciated.

Thanks
GraLady

Scot Kamins

Feb 28, 2011, 11:30:00 PM2/28/11
to little-b...@googlegroups.com
In general Little Blue Books have very little value. While people on
eBay try to charge a lot for them, they generally don't sell for more
than a dollar each when purchased in larger lots. There are large
quantities of these still in existence, and few collectors; this keeps
the price down.

On eBay, the prices go all over the place -- usually way too high.
Thus looking at Completed Listings shows that most don't sell at all.

What's true on eBay tends to reflect the rest of the market.

Having said that, LBBs whose numbers are higher than 1875 or so tend
to be worth more than others. And those published as "Appeal's Pocket
Series" (and take note of that apostrophe) can bring well over $100
each. As for the rest, you'll be lucky to average a buck or two.

> --
> .

Scot Kamins
One cause, a thousand effects
A thousand causes, one effect

Mike Klein

Feb 28, 2011, 11:38:53 PM2/28/11
to little-b...@googlegroups.com

They are absolutely sold on ebay...all forms of Haldeman Julius' work are there.

You are most likely looking  at 2-10$ each.