[little-blue-books:218] booklet by Thomas Henry found

Ralph Dumain

May 13, 2010, 1:12:06 AM5/13/10
to Little Blue Books
I just picked up this booklet in a used book store:

Thomas, Henry. The Story of the Human Race: A Biographical History of the World. Book II. The Parade of the Sword and the Cross: A Catalogue of Kings, Philosophers, Conquerors and Cut-throats. Edited by E. Haldeman-Julius. Girard, Kansas: Haldeman-Julius Publications, 1931. 63 pp.

There is no indication of what series this belongs to, nor can I find information on the Haldeman-Julius sites.

Scot Kamins

May 13, 2010, 4:09:23 PM5/13/10
to little-b...@googlegroups.com

On May 12, 2010, at 10:12 PM, Ralph Dumain wrote:

> Thomas, Henry. The Story of the Human Race: A Biographical History
> of the World. Book II. The Parade of the Sword and the Cross: A
> Catalogue of Kings, Philosophers, Conquerors and Cut-throats. Edited
> by E. Haldeman-Julius. Girard, Kansas: Haldeman-Julius Publications,
> 1931. 63 pp.

Thomas Henry's "The Story of the Human Race: A Biographical History of
the World" is a five-book series:

Book I -- The Childhood of the Human Race: The Story of the Early
Fighters, Priests andProfits
Book II -- The Parade of the Sword and the Cross: A Catalogue of
Kings, Philosophers, Conquerors and Cut-throats
Book III -- The Savagery of the Middle Ages: A Book of Holy Crusades
and Religious Massacres
Book IV -- The Awakening of Humanity: Man Gradually Lifts the Fogs of
Obscurantism
Book V -- The Beginning of Real Civilization: Estimates of Goethe,
Mazzini, Marx, Bismarck, Darwin, Lincoln, Tolstoy, Emperor William II,
Lenin and Gandhi

All five are copyright 1931 by H-J Company.

I have a note that these also showed up in the Big Blue Book series as
numbers 495 though 499, although I don't have numbered copies in my
collection.

Scot Kamins
Practice Kindness