found blue books

Elaine

Feb 1, 2011, 9:37:07 AM2/1/11
to Little Blue Books
I have recently found a number of little blue books in my mothers
belongings. Two have the publisher's face stamp on the back. I
really don't know what to do with them but can't imagine tossing them
since they were obviously valuable enough for my parents to buy and
keep them. I hope someone can shed some light. Elaine

Scot Kamins

Feb 1, 2011, 10:40:30 AM2/1/11
to little-b...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elaine,

Here are two websites for you to investigate to learn about Little Blue Books:

http://www.little-blue-books.com/

http://www.haldeman-julius.org/

For quick & condensed info, try the Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Blue_Books

As far as value is concerned, most aren't worth very much. This is because there were so many produced of each title, plus there aren't very many collectors (high supply & low demand makes for a really lousy marketplace.)  The most valuable ones are labeled "Appeal's Pocket Series" (notice that apostrophe -- the ones labeled "Appeals Pocket Series" without the apostrophe are common) can bring over $100 each. Worth $5 or so (ballpark figure) are the highest numbered ones (higher than number 1875 or so). All the rest are worth less than that down to about .25 each.

If you have more questions, feel free to write again.

Scot Kamins
Practice Kindness