Little Blue Book #1754 and ACE Fingerprint Products

William Palmer

Oct 12, 2009, 12:47:27 AM10/12/09
to little-b...@googlegroups.com
Scot,

I thought I would mention #1754 on the web-site as I purchased a copy recently:
http://www.little-blue-books.com/articles/Illustrated%20LBBs/graphicCovers.4.html

The cover as presented on the site is, I think, not really a little
blue book at all. I think it is a firm, ACE Fingerprint Products,
using a little blue book as a cheap form of advertising- Quite a good
idea really! Can any other example of advertising like this with
Little Blue Books be found?

I will enclose the photos of this modified LBB. The front card cover
is as on your site above. Below it there is the standard #1754 cover
and little blue book (Yellow). There is no date. The top of page 4
has a half page label stuck over the standard text. The middle pages
(pp.16-17) show the fingerprint and there are 4 staples, two for the
standard LBB and two to hold the additional card cover firmly in place
over the LBB. The back cover explains ‘how to take prints’.

The firm still seems to exist at URL: http://www.acefel.com/

I am not sure how (or if) the web page should be changed, but it
probably needs a note indicating that it is not a Haldeman–Julius
cover, but is an advertisement for ACE Fingerprint Products using an
existing Little Blue Book.

Any views??

Bill

LBB#1754_ACE_Fingerprints_cover.jpg
LBB#1754_ACE_Fingerprints_LBB_cover.jpg
LBB#1754_ACE_Fingerprints_LBB_p.4.jpg
LBB#1754_ACE_Fingerprints_back_cover.jpg

Scot Kamins

Oct 12, 2009, 1:07:27 AM10/12/09
to William Palmer, bluemail

On Oct 11, 2009, at 9:47 PM, William Palmer wrote:

The cover as presented on the site is, I think, not really a little
blue book at all. I think it is a firm, ACE Fingerprint Products,
using a little blue book as a cheap form of advertising

Bill,
Many thanks for this. Does the real LBB cover from #1754 actually appear with the booklet in any way? I don't follow how the two are physically connected.

- Scot

Scooter

Oct 12, 2009, 1:13:44 AM10/12/09
to Little Blue Books
OH- WAIT. I think I understand now. The LBB was wholly enclosed, yes?