New Article by Bill Palmer

Scot Kamins

Sep 4, 2010, 1:38:53 PM9/4/10
to Little Blue Books
Folks,

Bill Palmer has written a great article for or website investigating
printing errors in the E. H-J series, using #50 "Common Sense" as an
example. The direct link to the article,"Common Sense, LBB
#50:Research into printing errors", is
http://www.little-blue-books.com/articles/PalmerError50/palmerArticle.html
. He adds this intro:

Please read the essay about Little Blue Book #50 Common Sense
and consult your own collection to examine the copies that you have.
If you have copies of LBB #50 in some of the series not mentioned in
the essay then I would be most grateful for photographs as e-mail
attachments, so that fuller information about this LBB can be
obtained. With any particular book different to that in the essay, the
following would be of value (photos of):
(i) Front and back wraps (covers)
(ii) Inside cover (contents page)
(iii) Page 64-65
(iv) The number of pages in the book
(v) Alternatively advise if your copy is the same as one in the essay.
(This would get closer to checking if LBBs without the errors
described existed.)

a) There may be others in the People's Pocket series with different
front covers or inside covers.

b) There may be others in the ten cent pocket series (perhaps with
three advertisements on the back cover).

c) Little Blue Book #50 may exist in the Five Cent Pocket Series and
the Pocket Series. (If no collections containing #50 in these series
can be found, then it may be safe to conclude that none were issued).

d) I feel it likely that some other varieties of #50 will exist
outside the ones with photos in this essay. Perhaps with a large
letter front cover, a coloured front cover or an illustrated front
cover.

I think that the interchange on this page has been fairly quiet of
late, so this might get some discussion going.

Thanks

Bill william.p...@gmail.com

William Palmer

Sep 5, 2010, 1:26:47 AM9/5/10
to little-b...@googlegroups.com
I would like to thank Scott for the work he has put into this to
improve the essay and to make it technically feasible.

Bill Palmer