Collagist / Matt Bell interview

1 view

Owen

Dec 9, 2010, 5:06:24 PM12/9/10
to LMC: Literary Magazine Club
Remind us where to go? I can't seem to find anything in my bookmarks
that looks familiar/relevant.

Roxane Gay

Dec 9, 2010, 5:57:07 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Owen, LMC'ers,

The chat with Matt Bell is actually going to happen at 8 PM EST next Wednesday, 12/15 because time got away from us there. This will be a text chat and around 8 pm, simply go to HTMLGIANT where a magical post will appear with more details.

In the meantime, we'll be reading Ploughshares in January, instead of starting that magazine this month, what with the holidays. The issue we will be reading is the Winter 2010-11 issue, edited by Terrrance Hayes, so get your hands on that and start reading! Remember, there is a discount for LMC members, which you can take advantage of here: https://www.pshares.org//subscriptions/writer-special.cfm. There are still two free copies available so if you want one, just send me your name and address to rox...@roxanegay.com ASAP.

In the meantime, there's still a whole lot to talk about with The Collagist. Share your thoughts! Send me a guest post! Happy holidays!

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Owen <owenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Remind us where to go? I can't seem to find anything in my bookmarks
that looks familiar/relevant.

Owen Kaelin

Dec 9, 2010, 6:15:10 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
By the way, Roxane: what made you settle on Ploughshares?

Roxane Gay

Dec 9, 2010, 6:16:18 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
We took a vote.

Owen Kaelin

Dec 9, 2010, 6:20:25 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
I seem to remember a vote on the online issue, not this one. Odd.

Roxane Gay

Dec 9, 2010, 6:22:02 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
There were two questions, Owen--the next online issue and the next print issue.

Owen Kaelin

Dec 9, 2010, 6:29:15 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. Who chose the list?

Roxane Gay

Dec 9, 2010, 6:33:14 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
I created the list of options from the magazines who approached me asking if we would consider reading them. Those options were Make, Cimarron Review, Supermachine, and Ploughshares and there was also a text field for people to suggest magazines to read. Based on those requests, the next magazine we'll be reading is Unsaid 5. If you don't like a month's choice, you don't have to participate. I don't understand what the problem is.

Owen Kaelin

Dec 9, 2010, 6:35:02 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Problem? I don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for the response.

Nancy Stebbins

Dec 9, 2010, 9:36:31 PM12/9/10
to litma...@googlegroups.com
I thought I might be too late ordering Ploughshares, as slow as mail seems to be lately. But the first issue--the winter issue--arrived in about three days.

Hi Owen, LMC'ers,

Roxane Gay :: http://www.roxanegay.com <http://www.roxanegay.com/>
Co-Editor, PANK :: http://www.pankmagazine.com <http://www.pankmagazine.com/>
http://www.indiepublishingwiki.com <http://www.indiepublishingwiki.com/>