Anything on Versal

Roxane Gay

Jan 23, 2012, 7:08:24 PM1/23/12
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Hi LMCers,

It's been a quiet month.

Does anyone have something they want to say about Versal 9?

I'd love to run some guest posts about this fine issue.

If you're interested, get in touch, or simply send something along.

Cheers,
Roxane

Daniel Cecil

Jan 23, 2012, 9:46:13 PM1/23/12
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Roxane,
As you know I'm an editor for the journal. I don't know if it's appropriate or not, but I could contribute if necessary. Maybe an article about the process we use at the journal?

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel Cecil
dan...@epigramcopy.com
http://www.epigramcopy.com

php5qW7CJAM.jpg

Roxane Gay

Jan 23, 2012, 9:54:06 PM1/23/12
to litma...@googlegroups.com
I would love an article about the process about the journal. I can't make people participate and I certainly can't generate a month's worth of content myself so it would be lovely if you could write something about the process. I'll also be interviewing the editors this week, will probably send questions tomorrow.

Daniel Cecil

Jan 24, 2012, 4:43:33 AM1/24/12
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Roxane,

I'll whip something up for you. I've done a couple of articles like this at the Versal blog, so I'll try to do something a bit different. I'll send you something before the weekend.

Regards,
Daniel

Gayle Early

Jan 24, 2012, 12:41:15 PM1/24/12
to litma...@googlegroups.com
OK, I have been lax, terribly lax. But Roxane's lament got under my skin. I looked up Versal on the webpage (LOVE the masthead) but I can't tell much about the litmag. Is it all poetry? Both? Is it only an online mag?  I've been out of the loop, so I've missed info about it thus far, but I love the "translocalness" of its concept and am personally charmed that it hails from the Netherlands (a little of NL is coming to visit me this summer). I do have one store (a 30-mile drive for me) where I can buy hard copies of mags, if they exist, but I might have missed the boat on this one. Looking forward to Daniel's whip-up...and, as always, I really appreciate the introduction to a new (for me) litvenue.

Gayle
php5qW7CJAM.jpg

Roxane Gay

Jan 26, 2012, 12:32:36 AM1/26/12
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gayle,

Versal is a print magazine (http://www.wordsinhere.com/), that we're reading this month for Literary Magazine Club. They publish fiction, poetry and art. They are based out of the Netherlands but feature writers and artists from around the world. You can order a copy of the magazine via their website.

Cheers,
Roxane
php5qW7CJAM.jpg

Ryan Rafferty

Jan 26, 2012, 1:27:04 PM1/26/12
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Roxanne=

Perpahs I'm being a bit daft, but is there somewhere on teh HTMLGiant site where I can see the monthly selections?

=Ryan Rafferty
php5qW7CJAM.jpg

Melanie Yarbrough

Jan 26, 2012, 1:28:41 PM1/26/12
to litma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can I please be removed from this email list?

Thank you,
Melanie

=Ryan Rafferty

Gayle