Dialog Flows in Lita

Ross Geesman

Jun 10, 2016, 4:22:10 PM6/10/16
to Lita
When building my last bot using Lita I kept thinking it would be nice to split what might normally be accomplished by a single route with arguments into a back and forth dialog with the user. Is there any existing extension for Lita that does this or any plans to add it as a core feature. For reference see the Waterfall or Dialog concepts from Microsoft's Botframework. (I've never used the framework but noticed this feature when perusing the docs) http://docs.botframework.com/builder/node/dialogs/overview/#waterfall

If it doesn't exist andI might be interested in building an extension that does this and wanted to see what folks here thought beforehand.

Jimmy Cuadra

Jun 15, 2016, 4:19:25 PM6/15/16
to Ross Geesman, Lita
This idea has been brought up before, so there is definite interest in such a thing. I'm not immediately aware if someone has already built something that does this. If you find something or decide to build it yourself, please share it with everyone! Thanks.

Jimmy

On Jun 10, 2016, at 1:22 PM, Ross Geesman <rossg...@gmail.com> wrote:

When building my last bot using Lita I kept thinking it would be nice to split what might normally be accomplished by a single route with arguments into a back and forth dialog with the user. Is there any existing extension for Lita that does this or any plans to add it as a core feature. For reference see the Waterfall or Dialog concepts from Microsoft's Botframework. (I've never used the framework but noticed this feature when perusing the docs) http://docs.botframework.com/builder/node/dialogs/overview/#waterfall

If it doesn't exist andI might be interested in building an extension that does this and wanted to see what folks here thought beforehand.

signature.asc

maxim...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2017, 10:49:46 AM4/6/17
to Lita
Em sexta-feira, 10 de junho de 2016 17:22:10 UTC-3, Ross Geesman escreveu:
> When building my last bot using Lita I kept thinking it would be nice to split what might normally be accomplished by a single route with arguments into a back and forth dialog with the user. Is there any existing extension for Lita that does this or any plans to add it as a core feature. For reference see the Waterfall or Dialog concepts from Microsoft's Botframework. (I've never used the framework but noticed this feature when perusing the docs) http://docs.botframework.com/builder/node/dialogs/overview/#waterfall
>

> If it doesn't exist andI might be interested in building an extension that does this and wanted to see what folks here thought beforehand.

I very very interest in this feature. Any news about that? I can try help you. =)

Daniel Pritchett

Apr 6, 2017, 11:01:08 AM4/6/17
to maxim...@gmail.com, Lita
i was thinking you'd need some sort of catch-all middleware that matched any and all inputs and ran them through the list of "people i am in the middle of conversations with" and then at least initially set up a state machine for "if we already did X maybe talk about doing Y"

Luiz Carvalho

Apr 7, 2017, 8:22:11 AM4/7/17
to Lita, maxim...@gmail.com
Thanks Daniel (sorry for direct mail),

I tried to implement something like that, but I have a little difficulty with routes. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43258415/how-i-create-a-simples-questionnaire-with-lita-io

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 9:49 AM, <maxim...@gmail.com> wrote:
Em sexta-feira, 10 de junho de 2016 17:22:10 UTC-3, Ross Geesman  escreveu:
> When building my last bot using Lita I kept thinking it would be nice to split what might normally be accomplished by a single route with arguments into a back and forth dialog with the user. Is there any existing extension for Lita that does this or any plans to add it as a core feature. For reference see the Waterfall or Dialog concepts from Microsoft's Botframework. (I've never used the framework but noticed this feature when perusing the docs) http://docs.botframework.com/builder/node/dialogs/overview/#waterfall
>

> If it doesn't exist andI might be interested in building an extension that does this and wanted to see what folks here thought beforehand.

I very very interest in this feature. Any news about that? I can try help you. =)

ro...@fishisfast.com

Apr 7, 2017, 12:05:33 PM4/7/17
to Lita
Hey, you reached out to me on Twitter about this but I thought you were asking me about something else. I never even got started on this but it could be a fun project and I would be interested in having a crack at it.

Luiz Carvalho

Apr 7, 2017, 3:29:07 PM4/7/17
to ro...@fishisfast.com, Lita
hahah yeah! I isn't a crack, but I can try help :)

Luiz Carvalho

Luiz Carvalho

May 16, 2017, 2:52:21 PM5/16/17
to Lita, ro...@fishisfast.com, luizca...@redrails.com.br