Http route path helpers available?

Alex Soto

Sep 9, 2015, 1:47:58 AM9/9/15
to Lita

Hi There,

I want to generate some htmls links and some full urls for some of the http routes in my handler.

I’m wondering if there is anything similar to the rails url generators?

for example:

http.get '/foo', :foo

Then in template use:

foo_path() or foo_url()

I’ve been digging in the source, but I’m not finding anything

Thanks,

Alex

Jimmy Cuadra

Sep 9, 2015, 3:12:08 AM9/9/15
to Alex Soto, Lita
Hi Alex,

There is not anything like that in Lita itself. After years of Rails I'm still not sure I think named route helpers are a good idea, so they are unlikely to be added to Lita. If it's a feature that would really benefit your plugin, it might be a good candidate for a Lita extension.

Jimmy

signature.asc