Next releases for lita and lita-slack

Christian Teijón

Apr 27, 2016, 5:28:49 AM4/27/16
to Lita
Good morning,

Are there any plans on the next release of lita and lita-slack gems?

I'm already using master for both since I wanted to benefit from extra information in error hooks (lita) and sending messages with links (lita-slack). Looks to me that these features have been in master for a while so I was wondering what's the problem on releasing them

Congratulations on your awesome job !

Jimmy Cuadra

May 3, 2016, 6:49:30 AM5/3/16
to Christian Teijón, Lita
Hi Christian,

There is one more feature to implement before Lita 5 is released: the ability to override part of a chat route from the Lita configuration file. It's a pretty large change to how routing works, and I've spiked it out two or three times but haven't been satisfied with how it came out. I don't have an ETA on when this will be finished because it's still not totally clear how to approach it, and I've been busy with other projects. If you want to follow up on the progress of the feature, https://github.com/litaio/lita/issues/100 is the relevant GitHub issue. In the meantime, using the master branch is your best bet if you want all the latest changes, but note that only versioned releases are tested thoroughly with the plugin ecosystem, so master is not guaranteed to work well.

Jimmy

signature.asc

Christian Teijón

May 3, 2016, 7:06:09 AM5/3/16