Fwd: [HealthHum] Two tenure-track positions in bioethics and/or health humanities

Felice Aull

Sep 16, 2021, 10:41:59 AMSep 16
to Lit-Med List. Google

Felice Aull, Ph.D., M.A.
Founder, Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database
Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Medical Humanities
NYU School of Medicine
personal web site: www.feliceaull.com

From: Amy E. Caruso Brown <Brow...@upstate.edu>
Date: Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 1:30 PM
Subject: Tenure-track position in bioethics and/or health humanities

We are recruiting for two new faculty to join us at the Center for Bioethics and Humanities at SUNY Upstate in Syracuse, New York. Please see the posting for the first of these positions below and feel free to share with your networks. Thanks!

Center for Bioethics and Humanities

The Center for Bioethics and Humanities at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY) seeks to fill a tenure-track position in bioethics and/or health humanities at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.

The Center is particularly interested in applicants enthusiastic about innovation in medical education and with demonstrated accomplishment in teaching about, academic research in, or advocacy regarding health equity and social justice.

Primary responsibilities include teaching bioethics, law and health humanities in diverse settings throughout the health sciences university, and developing and implementing a required equity-centered ethics curriculum for the MD degree program. The position will entail substantial opportunities and expectations for educational innovation and scholarship. Additional opportunities, including clinical ethics consultation at associated hospitals; involvement in the publication of the department’s literary journal; and part-time clinical practice may be available, depending on interest and qualifications.

The Center for Bioethics and Humanities is an academic department in the College of Medicine at SUNY Upstate, with a mission that extends to all four of the university’s colleges and all hospitals and clinical sites. Information about the Center is available at: www.upstate.edu/cbh/

Applicants must hold a PhD, MD, JD, or equivalent doctoral degree, with formal training and/or significant experience in a field related to bioethics and/or health humanities and demonstrated excellence in education (design, delivery, innovation, and/or outcomes measurement).

Salary and benefits are nationally competitive, and although faculty are strongly encouraged to apply for external funding, it is not required and successful candidates will receive a waiver of grant funding for tenure purposes.

Applications are accepted through the SUNY Upstate HR website at https://careers.upstate.edu/en-us/job/501291/assistant-professor

(Job Number 68857). Candidates must include a curriculum vita and cover letter explaining the candidate’s career goals, interest in the position and qualifications. Questions regarding the position may be sent to the Center’s Chair, Amy Caruso Brown, MD, MS, FAAP, HEC-C at brow...@upstate.edu. Anticipated start date is between 5/1/2022 and 9/1/2022; an earlier start date may be negotiated.

The Center for Bioethics and Humanities believes that a diverse faculty is essential to its efforts to leverage our disciplinary expertise to work towards health care that is more compassionate and just. We seek colleagues who bring unique perspectives to their research, clinical work, and the education of our learners, and who are sensitive to the needs of others. We strive to create a community in which persons of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, socio-economic statuses, ages, abilities, and beliefs feel valued, safe, and supported.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy E. Caruso Brown, MD, MSc, MSCS, HEC-C

Interim Chair, Center for Bioethics and Humanities

Associate Professor, Center for Bioethics and Humanities and Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology

SUNY Upstate Medical University

brow...@upstate.edu

315.464.8464 (office)

To post to this list from a subscribed e-mail address, send your message
to: heal...@simplelists.com

For questions, contact the list administrator at
healthhu...@simplelists.com.

This listserv is sponsored by the Health Humanities Consortium, through
support from the Case Western Reserve University Department of Bioethics.