Online information sessions for new UT-Austin MA Program in Health Humanities

Barrish, Phillip J

Oct 11, 2021, 11:42:37 AM10/11/21
to Lit-Med List. Google, madai....@utexas.edu

Dear Colleagues

We have scheduled two online information sessions for the new Master of Arts program in Humanities, Health, and Medicine (MA-HHM) at the University of Texas-Austin. The info sessions will be held Tuesday, October 19, 5:00-6:00 pm and Thursday, November 4, 5:00-6:00 pm. Potential applicants may register HERE for either session. Please help us spread the word!

The MA program will welcome its first cohort in Fall 2022. Faculty from a wide range of UT-Austin departments and units are participating in the new program, including faculty from the Liberal Arts departments of African and African Diaspora Studies, Anthropology, English, History, Mexican American and Latina/o Studies, Native American and Indigenous Studies, Sociology, and Women and Gender Studies, among others. The program also includes faculty from the Colleges of Communication, Education, and Fine Arts, and from UT’s health professional schools, including the Dell Medical School, the Steve Hicks School of Social Work, and the School of Nursing. HHM students will have the opportunity to craft individual areas of concentration including, for example, Health Equity, Disability Studies, Narrative and Medicine, and the History of Medicine.

The priority deadline for applications is December 7, 2021, and the final deadline is March 1, 2022. Our goal is to recruit students with diverse backgrounds, interests, and professional aspirations, and we would be grateful for any potential candidates you might send our way. More information about the program and an application link can be found on our WEBSITE. Information about tuition and financial aid may be found HERE.

Thank you in advance, and please feel free to reach out with questions or thoughts.

Best regards,

Phil

Phillip Barrish

Tony Hilfer Professor of American and British Literature

Founding Director, Master of Arts Program in Humanities, Health, and Medicine

Associate Director for Health and Humanities, UT Humanities Institute

Professor of Medical Education, Dell Medical School

University of Texas at Austin