Cannot find a specific podcast in search results to subscribe to it

David Bump

Nov 23, 2014, 10:55:40 AM11/23/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Edit: I was able to "find" the podcast in search results by typing in the full URL to the feed (shown below).  Is this the proper way to manually add something that isn't coming up in search results, or am I missing something?

I'm trying to add the "Serial" podcast from WBEZ Chicago (http://feeds.serialpodcast.org/serialpodcast).  It's new this year, but it's been around for a while.  Is there a way to add a specific feed URL in Listen Up?  I've had poor luck using gpodder.net in the past, compared to simply using Listen Up with feeds it can find directly, so I'd much prefer that route.

Patrick Julien

Nov 23, 2014, 3:15:28 PM11/23/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com

Find podcast will accept a full URL. The alternative is to add it via gpodder. You might want to bring it to their attention

On Nov 23, 2014 11:21 AM, "David Bump" <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Edit: I was able to "find" the podcast in search results by typing in the full URL to the feed (shown below).  Is this the proper way to manually add something that isn't coming up in search results, or am I missing something?

I'm trying to add the "Serial" podcast from WBEZ Chicago (http://feeds.serialpodcast.org/serialpodcast).  It's new this year, but it's been around for a while.  Is there a way to add a specific feed URL in Listen Up?  I've had poor luck using gpodder.net in the past, compared to simply using Listen Up with feeds it can find directly, so I'd much prefer that route.

Geir Andrew

Dec 16, 2014, 6:52:47 AM12/16/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Gpodder seems to be down, and yes - let us be able to add direct link to RSS/XML file for a podcast - that would be great and needed!