Won't connect to GPodder.net servers

Brian Hunter

Aug 13, 2014, 8:41:52 AM8/13/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I bought Listen Up so that I could subscribe it to my gPodder feeds, however I get a message when I refresh my subscriptions saying "Could not update feeds Unable to communicate with gpodder servers",  I have a Nexus 5.  I can connect to GPodder.net on my phone - is there anything particular I need to do to get the gpodder sync to work?  When I am on gpodder.net my device shows up, so it's communicating in some regards.

Where would the log files be kept in my phone?

Patrick Julien

Aug 13, 2014, 9:04:00 AM8/13/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, not sure with the amount of details you've given me.

Can you make sure you're using your username instead of your email?

Brian Hunter

Aug 13, 2014, 9:59:03 AM8/13/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'm using my username and not my email for gpodder.

We does Listen Up keep it's log files?  I'm wondering if that will give me anymore information.  I've tried remove my device in GPodder.net, remove all my device subscriptions, and then readding the subscriptions to my device when it appeared again, but it's still the same.

Patrick Julien

Aug 13, 2014, 3:43:18 PM8/13/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
/your sdcard/Android/data/org.codepimps.listenup/logs/

Brian Hunter

Aug 14, 2014, 4:59:17 AM8/14/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I can spot a failed log in check.  It is the correct password - I use lastpass as a password manager and inputed the password from there.  Are there are restictions in Listen Up regarding password handling, my password is a 64 character alpha-numeric string so could that cause issues with Listen Up?

I've attached the last few entries of my log file in case they make sense to you and you can spot what's happening.

2014-08-14 06:44:13,480 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR o.c.l.s.g.PodderStreamProducer - Couldn't update feeds from remote source. Trying using only local feeds
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with gpodder servers
    at org.codepimps.listenup.server.gpodder.PodderRequestFactory.loginCheck(PodderRequestFactory.java:315) ~[na:0.0]
    at org.codepimps.listenup.server.gpodder.PodderStreamProducer.produceFromAccount(PodderStreamProducer.java:161) ~[na:0.0]
    at org.codepimps.listenup.server.gpodder.PodderStreamProducer.doInBackground(PodderStreamProducer.java:103) ~[na:0.0]
    at org.codepimps.listenup.server.gpodder.PodderStreamProducer.doInBackground(PodderStreamProducer.java:1) ~[na:0.0]
    at org.codepimps.listenup.app.ModernAsyncTask$2.call(ModernAsyncTask.java:177) ~[na:0.0]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237) ~[na:0.0]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112) ~[na:0.0]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587) ~[na:0.0]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841) ~[na:0.0]
2014-08-14 06:44:13,489 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO  o.c.l.server.PullLocalFeedService - Elapsed for updating all feeds: 0 seconds
2014-08-14 07:44:15,365 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR o.c.l.s.g.PodderStreamProducer - Failed login check. Using local device for feeds
[...]
2014-08-14 07:44:15,378 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR o.c.l.s.g.PodderStreamProducer - Couldn't update feeds from remote source. Trying using only local feeds
[...]
2014-08-14 07:44:15,387 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO  o.c.l.server.PullLocalFeedService - Elapsed for updating all feeds: 0 seconds

Brian Hunter

Aug 14, 2014, 5:26:12 AM8/14/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Ah ha!  I just changed my GPodder password to a simple 12 character password and it's now working.  Is there a limit in Listen Up/Java that we can use for passwords?  My original was 64 characters in length with special characters, and the new one is just 12 with no special characters.

Patrick Julien

Aug 14, 2014, 6:24:03 AM8/14/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com

There shouldn't be but maybe I'm not encoding the special characters correctly