Podcast half-downloaded, never completes

Robin Neatherway

Apr 30, 2014, 7:05:32 PM4/30/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I started listening to the latest episode of the Mark Kermode podcast as it downloaded and then left the house. After the wifi disconnected the podcast stopped downloading. I'm now stuck with a partially downloaded file and I can't see how to finish the download or to delete it and start again. I think I previously may have deleted the file from the sdcard but I can't find where the audio files are stored now.

Any recommendations?

Patrick Julien

Apr 30, 2014, 7:07:29 PM4/30/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Do your settings only allow wifi downloads?

you can touch the icon of the episode and then select download from the menu
You can do nothing and it will eventually be pulled in per your settings

Robin Neatherway

May 1, 2014, 6:02:56 AM5/1/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I only allow wifi downloads, so the fact that it stopped downloading when I left the house was expected behaviour.

I have tried using the download option in the menu, however this didn't make any difference -- the file remained at ~30% downloaded. I found the .tmp file under "Android/data/org.codepimps.listenup.free/files/downloaded", I take it that this should replaced eventually?

The file has been in this state since 25th April and other podcasts have downloaded successfully in that time.

Robin Neatherway

May 1, 2014, 6:15:51 AM5/1/14
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
My mistake, sorry. I tried again and evidently I wasn't sufficiently patient before. The podcast is now fully downloaded.

A quick bit of other feedback. When I connect to my university wifi (eduroam), the connection can take tens of seconds to become useful. If I open ListenUp during this time I will just see a spinner while I suppose it is trying to check all the feeds are up to date. Sometimes it is quicker for me to turn off wifi so that I can start listening rather than wait for a while.

A great app though, thanks very much! I use it all the time.