Share option and backup.

Xanthopteryx

Jan 20, 2015, 3:54:30 PM1/20/15
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
A really great app!
But one thing I really miss is a share option so I can share a link to the pod and share a link to the original episode file (mp3 I guess?).

I recently had a fatal crash of the program so all my list disappeared. Some way of making a backup of the added lists would be nice.

Regards Jonas.

Patrick Julien

Jan 20, 2015, 4:58:10 PM1/20/15
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
What's a fatal crash of the program here? You mean your phone broke
or something? Considering the level of permissions listen up has, I
don't see how it's possible you could have removed the entire contents
of your lists. There isn't even code to remove any of the files found
in the private directory file, only for cached mp3 files.

I use Google's backup agent to backup everything, should come back
when you re-install.

Xanthopteryx

Jan 20, 2015, 9:30:31 PM1/20/15
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
When starting the app one day, as usual, the entire que and subscriptions were totally corrupt and behaved extremely odd. Nothing was possible to do.
After fiddling around a bit, the only solution was to clear All data in the app and add the subscriptions back, and it wasn't a short list... :-(
It was only the app that was affected. Nothing else in the phone.

What do you think of adding a share option? To share a subscription link and to share an episode link?

Patrick Julien

Jan 20, 2015, 10:25:44 PM1/20/15
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
It has been requested before and technically you can do it via gpodder.  The main issue is I just have to do it at one point.