Status of list.sci.lang.constructed?

1 view

taliesin the storyteller

Jan 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/24/98

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Laurie Gerholz wrote:

> So has there been any progress on this front, on getting this list
> removed from general distribution? /snip/

*Do* update us paranoids, or are you a part of the Great
Conspiracy(tm) yourselves? (Of course you are! ;->)

> On a closely related note, I did attempt to use the "nuke" function to
> wipe my articles on DejaNews. /snip/

Even if it works, it's no good. If you look up your own
e-address after nuking, DN will still find it. The nuked
articles are simply marked <unavailable>.

Besides: when one, like myself, doesn't want to have *any*
articles archived at DN, nuking _one_article_at_a_time_ is
unacceptable. As I've said before, the x-no-header trick
doesn't work on DN, but it *does* work on FindMail!

> Even though this account has been blessedly free of spam, I have to
> agree with Herman Miller. For many reasons, not the least of which is
> the unnanounced breach of privacy which this gateway represents, if this
> is not corrected and the gateway closed, this will be my last post to
> the Conlang list. I regret this because I greatly enjoy participating
> here. I will remain subscribed, and people are welcome to contact me via
> private email.

Although I feel much the same as Laurie and Herman, I'll
probably still be posting... Temptation(s), y'know...

Tal.