HOLD queue GUI

Terry Carmen

Sep 25, 2007, 4:13:41 PM9/25/07
Does anybody know of a web-based GUI tool that can administer the HOLD
queue?

I'm holding messages based on their "spamminess" and size, and need a
way for a non-technical user to release or delete messages in the queue.

It would be easy enough to bang out a small web app to do this, but I
was wondering if anybody knows of one that's already been written.

Thanks!

Terry

Ralf Hildebrandt

Sep 25, 2007, 4:19:16 PM9/25/07
* Terry Carmen <te...@cnysupport.com>:

> Does anybody know of a web-based GUI tool that can administer the HOLD
> queue?

Webbased: no, but there is pfqueue.
That's curses based.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hil...@charite.de) pl...@charite.de
http://www.arschkrebs.de

Terry Carmen

Sep 25, 2007, 4:20:42 PM9/25/07
Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Terry Carmen <te...@cnysupport.com>:
>

>> Does anybody know of a web-based GUI tool that can administer the HOLD
>> queue?
>>

> Webbased: no, but there is pfqueue.
> That's curses based.

Thanks, but I need web-based.

I'll bang one out and post it in case anybody can use it.

Terry

mouss

Sep 25, 2007, 4:44:48 PM9/25/07

there's the problem of security (make sure user can only release his
mail, and make sure no program can do that).

Mihira Fernando

Sep 26, 2007, 11:31:53 AM9/26/07
Terry Carmen wrote:
> It's for the postmaster, so I'm not too worried. It's not an end-user tool.
>
> Terry

If I remember correctly, Webmin has this in one of its modules. Not too sure
since I havent used webmin for a long time.

Mihira.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.

Gilles Buisson

Sep 26, 2007, 4:39:34 AM9/26/07

This one is web based (not sure if it's good, never used it)

http://prototypes.ideialivre.net/?page_id=3

Gilles Buisson <gilles....@namebay.com>

Terry Carmen

Sep 26, 2007, 8:16:33 AM9/26/07

It looks interesting. I 'll check it out later today.

Thanks!

Terry

Mark Watts

Sep 26, 2007, 8:20:49 AM9/26/07

On a related note, I've come across a few GUI tools for managing the amavisd
quarantine queues, one of which looks quite polished:

http://www.mailzu.net/

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer

signature.asc

Dave McGuire

Sep 26, 2007, 10:58:44 AM9/26/07
On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Mark Watts wrote:
> On a related note, I've come across a few GUI tools for managing
> the amavisd
> quarantine queues, one of which looks quite polished:
>
> http://www.mailzu.net/

I've been using MailZu both at home and at work for a couple of
months now; it is an excellent piece of software. I highly recommend
it.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL

mouss

Sep 26, 2007, 1:26:01 PM9/26/07
Terry Carmen wrote:
> mouss wrote:
> It's for the postmaster, so I'm not too worried. It's not an end-user tool.

still, the apache user will have access to postfix commands. you must
thus make sure apache is not exposed. maybe a warpper that does few
checks would be useful...

In any case, requiring ssl would be a good idea.

Terry Carmen

Sep 26, 2007, 9:51:46 PM9/26/07

>>> there's the problem of security (make sure user can only release his
>>> mail, and make sure no program can do that).
>>>
>> It's for the postmaster, so I'm not too worried. It's not an end-user
>> tool.
>
> still, the apache user will have access to postfix commands. you must
> thus make sure apache is not exposed. maybe a warpper that does few
> checks would be useful...
>
> In any case, requiring ssl would be a good idea.
While I appreciate all the concern, unless someone can figure out how to
break out of Postfix and start issuing HTTP commands on the local
machine. the page (and everything except the SMTP port) is only
accessible by three guys in a locked room on a non-public net.

Terry

Mihira Fernando

Sep 27, 2007, 6:29:28 AM9/27/07
Terry Carmen wrote:

> While I appreciate all the concern, unless someone can figure out how to
> break out of Postfix and start issuing HTTP commands on the local
> machine. the page (and everything except the SMTP port) is only
> accessible by three guys in a locked room on a non-public net.
>
> Terry

Haven't watched Mission Impossible lately have you ? ;)

Ralf Kraudelt

Jul 5, 2022, 11:14:33 AM7/5/22
To bring this thread to an end: I use Webmin, the included Postfix module, and an ACL restriction on the Postfix module for this purpose.

If somebody searches for a simple hold-all configuration in Postfix: add "smtpd_sender_restrictions = static:HOLD" to main.cf.

Ralf