Postfix 3.6.4 keep original Source IP after advanced Content filter

Moritz Holzer

Aug 22, 2023, 9:51:46 AM8/22/23

Currently I'm working on a postfix setup in version 3.6.4, on which i will use a the content filter.

Sadly I just discovered that the usage of the content filter will always rewrite my clients_address. It turns out that e.g. I send a mail from 127.0.0.5 the arrived mail shows this IP as client_address. Then the qmgr will wake the content filter followed by the cleanup process and goes back to the qmgr as described in http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html . My problem is that even when I tried to use xforwarding, the IP will be changed to 127.0.0.1 after the process. I am not surprised by the case of the actual localhost which seams logic, but i am arroused if there is any known way on how to keep the original source ( client_address ) in this scenario.

BR,
M.H.