Force Async vs Sync Bounce

Ken Pfeiffer

Oct 14, 2020, 2:44:08 PM10/14/20
Hello all.. have situation where for a specific domain I'm hosting I only want to send asynchronous bounces. Running 3.4.13 on Ubuntu. I was able to force a out of band bounce by specifying smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = no - though this seems like a blunt force method and will do the same for all domains I host - not just one. Looking around would seem I would need to write a transport rule for that domain and possibly just tell it to defer: but not sure how to queue the message without it validating the rcpt address first. Seems smtpd_recipient_restrictions will let me either reject or defer - but the deferral will not queue just tell the receiving mail server to try again?

Thoughts on way to force queue a given domain?