Casefolding in regexp for smtp_generic_maps

Bert Regeer

Nov 3, 2021, 4:48:58 PM11/3/21
Hello,

I recently upgraded from Postfix 3.3.1 to Postfix 3.5.8 and one of the features we made use of due to SES IAM policies not being expressive enough (they can't case insensitively match when doing wildcard matching at the same time), I was using the fact that lookups were case folded before the matching to lowercase all outgoing emails over SMTP.

See https://groups.google.com/g/mailing.postfix.users/c/1p0ubY726N8 for an example.

My setup:

smtp_generic_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/casefold_smtp

Which contained just:

This worked beautifully on 3.3.1 on RHEL 8.2, but on RHEL 8.4 that no longer works and emails are no longer case folded before being handed to regexp.

Is there some way to turn that feature back on? Or is there another supported method for lowercasing all email addresses before sending it over SMTP?

Thank you,
Bert JW Regeer