Performance/Memory

Jonathan Aquino

Mar 3, 2014, 1:39:24 PM3/3/14
to lis...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering, what are the major speed/memory bottlenecks in Lisphp? Is there any low-hanging fruit that we can fix to address any speed/memory issues?

Jonathan

Igor Wiedler

Mar 3, 2014, 1:48:36 PM3/3/14
to lis...@googlegroups.com
Honestly I don’t remember seriously profiling it. Feel free to run it through xdebug or xhprof and share the results. I’d expect all of it to be quite slow though.

To get some decent performance optimizations I’d probably try and build some sort of compiler that compiles down to PHP source directly. But that would require re-architecting everything, so not a trivial thing to do.

Igor

On 03 Mar 2014, at 19:39, Jonathan Aquino <jonatha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering, what are the major speed/memory bottlenecks in Lisphp? Is there any low-hanging fruit that we can fix to address any speed/memory issues?
>
> Jonathan

홍민희

Mar 3, 2014, 1:52:36 PM3/3/14
to lis...@googlegroups.com

Lisphp currently analyzes form everytime it is evaluated.  Obvious one low-hanging fruite would be a separatimg analysis from evaluation.  See the following chapter of SICP:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-26.html#%_sec_4.1.7

On Mar 4, 2014 3:39 AM, "Jonathan Aquino" <jonatha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was wondering, what are the major speed/memory bottlenecks in Lisphp? Is there any low-hanging fruit that we can fix to address any speed/memory issues?

Jonathan

Jonathan Aquino

Mar 7, 2014, 12:25:50 PM3/7/14
to lis...@googlegroups.com, min...@dahlia.kr
As much as I enjoyed using Lisphp, I'm unfortunately going to have to go back to PHP because Lisphp is currently too slow. Takes 300 ms to run a couple of hundred lines of Lisphp code.

Jon