"Emulation as a Service" EaaSi

Larry Masinter

Mar 30, 2021, 7:49:34 PM3/30/21
to Interlisp core

EaaSI User Handbook — EaaSI documentation is a framework for making emulators available.

Not sure how Medley would fit in, but it is an interesting perspective.

--

https://LarryMasinter.net https://interlisp.org

Nick Briggs

Mar 30, 2021, 7:54:55 PM3/30/21
to Larry Masinter, Interlisp core
Hmm... This would be the place to have a Dolphin, Dorado, Dandelion, or Daybreak emulator, on which one could run the D-machine lisp microcode... for pre-Medley/maiko versions of Interlisp.   Unfortunately, we don't have emulators for any of that hardware.

-- Nick

John Cowan

Mar 30, 2021, 7:55:42 PM3/30/21
to Nick Briggs, Larry Masinter, Interlisp core
I note that they do have an emulator for the Alto, known as Contralto.

Larry Masinter

Mar 30, 2021, 8:01:20 PM3/30/21
to Nick Briggs, Interlisp core

Paul McJones

Mar 30, 2021, 8:14:23 PM3/30/21
to Nick Briggs, Larry Masinter, Interlisp core
Josh Dersi, the same person who created the ContrAlto emulator (for the Xerox Alto) that’s mentioned in the EaaSI documentation, has created a Dandelion emulator. I don’t know its exact status right now.

Paul McJones

Mar 30, 2021, 8:17:20 PM3/30/21
to Nick Briggs, Larry Masinter, Interlisp core
I meant Josh Dersh, but I see that Larry already provided a link to the Dandelion emulator.