Document shared with you: "230306-transcript"

Larry Masinter-lisp (via Google Docs)

Mar 8, 2023, 5:06:50 PM3/8/23
to lisp...@googlegroups.com
Larry Masinter-lisp shared a document
Unknown profile photo
Larry Masinter-lisp (l...@interlisp.org) has invited you to edit the following document:
The transcript from Monday's meeting is available.
The accuracy isn't great. What do you think?
230306-transcript
Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
You have received this email because l...@interlisp.org shared a document with you from Google Docs.
Google logo

John Cowan

Mar 8, 2023, 8:17:15 PM3/8/23
to Larry Masinter-lisp, lisp...@googlegroups.com
It's certainly possible to fix it up, but I don't think it would help legibility that much — I certainly don't have any trouble guessing what it's supposed to be.  For a real copy editing job you'd need to have captured the audio for comparison.

Larry Masinter

Mar 8, 2023, 8:50:03 PM3/8/23
to John Cowan, Larry Masinter-lisp, lisp...@googlegroups.com
well, I hope the readers are tolerant of the fact that the text-recognition from speech is pretty awful.
Worse than OCR 15 years ago. The nice thing is that since they run the conference, zoom can easily speaker-ID, which is much better than guessing, which most speech to text requires.

It might be helpful to someone who was producing meeting notes.

for the 'practice speech' I gave later, mainly I'm hoping to do more with the proposed "feature videos".
In the long-run I'd like us to set up videos of demos of a feature as a fall-back fail-safe for someone being able to run the demo themselves.

I like Paolo's way of describing the demo by just making a TEdit file that describes the demo ...
Although having audio to go along with it would be good too.

Arun, Ron can we / should we / do we need to redo the 2-year-old demos for LispNYC? (LFG, Rooms, CLOS)?
Low priority, if we can clip from their video (with acknowledgement)?

I'd like to get