Interlisp-10 Docker

1 view

John Cowan

Jun 9, 2021, 11:32:48 PM6/9/21
to Interlisp core
Do we have a working binary build of IL-10?  I need to learn how to Dockerize things, and it seems a good candidate to learn on.  There are plenty of emulators out there that can run TOPS-20 (I suppose that is the Right Thing) plus runnable copies of the OS.

Larry Masinter

Jun 9, 2021, 11:53:41 PM6/9/21
to John Cowan, Interlisp core

I put some files derived from PDP-10/Interlisp-10 (github.com)

Into the History repo. There are two copies (maybe more) from the 70s to about 84 (from about the time we stopped trying to support Interlisp-10 with the same source code as Interlisp-D.

Since the PDP-10 had 9-bit bytes and 36-bit words, just unpacking the zip archives might be a puzzle.

--

https://LarryMasinter.net https://interlisp.org

Michele Denber

Jun 10, 2021, 12:07:12 PM6/10/21
to lisp...@googlegroups.com
On 06-09-2021 11:32 PM, John Cowan wrote:
Do we have a working binary build of IL-10?  I need to learn how to Dockerize things, and it seems a good candidate to learn on.  There are plenty of emulators out there that can run TOPS-20 (I suppose that is the Right Thing) plus runnable copies of the OS.
I have a working KL-10 emulator running TOPS-20 on my Sun.  I downloaded the IL-10 files but don't understand how to make IL-10 from them.  The easiest thing would be if there was a .tap tape file of Interlisp that I could just load.  If anyone wants an account on myT4-1 to play with this, you're welcome to one.

            - Michele