gog: can someone test gnuplot interface on sbcl+mac?

Mirko Vukovic

Nov 20, 2012, 11:00:11 AM11/20/12
to lisp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I use the following package http://github.com/mirkov/gnuplot-interface to launch a gnuplot process and send commands to it.  I tested it on SBCL+Linux and CLisp+wgnuplot+cygwin.

Can someone test it on SBCL+Mac?

It would also be nice to expand the interface to other platforms.  Volunteers needed for that.

Thanks,

Mirko

Steven Núñez

Nov 20, 2012, 6:44:06 PM11/20/12
to lisp...@googlegroups.com
I know one reason for top-posting — Outlook (at least on a Mac) seems to encourage it by not distinguishing the original post from a response with a bottom-reply.

Anyway, the point here is that as a target for the Mac, LISP should be CCL (aka Clozure), which is much more common.

- Steve

Mirko Vukovic

Nov 20, 2012, 10:07:40 PM11/20/12
to lisp...@googlegroups.com, steven...@illation.com

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:44:08 PM UTC-5, Steven Núñez wrote:
I know one reason for top-posting — Outlook (at least on a Mac) seems to encourage it by not distinguishing the original post from a response with a bottom-reply.

Anyway, the point here is that as a target for the Mac, LISP should be CCL (aka Clozure), which is much more common.

If you feel up to providing the code for CCL+Mac, I would be happy to incude it.

David Hodge

Nov 21, 2012, 7:19:53 AM11/21/12
to lisp...@googlegroups.com
On 21/11/2012, at 12:00 AM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I use the following package http://github.com/mirkov/gnuplot-interface to launch a gnuplot process and send commands to it.  I tested it on SBCL+Linux and CLisp+wgnuplot+cygwin.

Can someone test it on SBCL+Mac?

you need to have a +darwin for *executable*

on my system (using macports) its /opt/local/bin/gnuplot

secondly, start-gnuplot needs to use the *executable* command, currently hardcoded

Once done, I can call plot-sin, for instance

It would also be nice to expand the interface to other platforms.  Volunteers needed for that.

Thanks,

Mirko

Mirko Vukovic

Nov 21, 2012, 9:07:14 AM11/21/12
to lisp...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:19:58 AM UTC-5, David Hodge wrote:

On 21/11/2012, at 12:00 AM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I use the following package http://github.com/mirkov/gnuplot-interface to launch a gnuplot process and send commands to it.  I tested it on SBCL+Linux and CLisp+wgnuplot+cygwin.

Can someone test it on SBCL+Mac?

you need to have a +darwin for *executable*

on my system (using macports) its /opt/local/bin/gnuplot

secondly, start-gnuplot needs to use the *executable* command, currently hardcoded

Once done, I can call plot-sin, for instance

Thanks for the correction and addition.  I pushed these to github