(R)creational Common Lisp

Marco Antoniotti

Dec 28, 2016, 7:57:04 AM12/28/16
to Common Lisp Statistics
Hi

I guess you may be interested in my musings on R and Common Lisp :)

Cheers
--
MA

A.J. Rossini

Dec 29, 2016, 11:42:48 AM12/29/16
to lisp-stat
nice Marco, i missed that!  but ylu know or remember that i integrated a prior variant of related computation activities from you into CLS.

have been recovering from a few life shattering challenges, but almost back to normal i hope.

more sooner in 2017....

Sungjin Chun

Dec 30, 2016, 6:23:17 PM12/30/16
to lisp...@googlegroups.com
Can I have an oppotunity of testing your mentioned code of Rho?

Marco Antoniotti

Dec 31, 2016, 12:10:38 PM12/31/16
to Common Lisp Statistics
Sure.

But, as I said in my post, the code is just array indexing, slicing and dicing at this point.

If you have some tests in mind, please post them or send them to me.  I have a FiveAM test suite that is growing as I go along and I will include any test that will be good to stress the code.

Cheers
--
MA

Marco Antoniotti

Dec 31, 2016, 12:11:34 PM12/31/16
to Common Lisp Statistics
Hi

yes.  I remember very well.  That piece of code has been sitting in my folders and it tickled me for a long time :)
This is the result.

Cheers
--
MA

On Dec 28, 2016 13:57, "Marco Antoniotti" <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I guess you may be interested in my musings on R and Common Lisp :)

Cheers
--
MA

Sungjin Chun

Dec 31, 2016, 11:22:20 PM12/31/16
to lisp...@googlegroups.com
I'm just finding a data frame implementation like incanter(of Clojure). And
Rho is rather interesting to me. What I'm trying to test is building a data
frame (like table) using stock price history(o-h-l-c prices and volume) read
from database.

Marco Antoniotti

Jan 1, 2017, 6:36:56 PM1/1/17
to Common Lisp Statistics
Hi

I have not yet implemented data.frames.  But the infrastructure is not there.

Do you have a pointer to a spec for the data you want to encode?

I had a look at Incanter.  There is nothing there that cannot be reproduced in CL (plus having SBCL or one of the commercial compilers available).

Cheers
--
MA

Sungjin Chun

Jan 1, 2017, 6:55:12 PM1/1/17
to Common Lisp Statistics
No, I do not have any concrete specification :-) Currently I'm using incanter however, I'd like to try common lisp
because I like lisp (sbcl) more than clojure. I'll just wait for rho could be release public. Thanks.

A.J. Rossini

Jan 4, 2017, 8:15:59 AM1/4/17
to lisp-stat
RHO mostly works. There is a copy on my github page, though it
evolved in a slightly different direction. I need to look at Marco's
newer code and see how to integrate.

I need to work, actually. Still lots of infrastructure to do...

best,
-tony
best,
-tony

blind...@gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee: Do stupid things faster with more energy!