Fortran's SPECFUN in Common Lisp?

Steve Nunez

Sep 10, 2019, 2:20:58 AM9/10/19
to Common Lisp Statistics
Greetings,

I am trying to revive Tamas' cl-random. Since he went over to Julia, the library is unsupported, and I'm hoping here someone remembers or knows something about. There are two issues:

  • A dependency on cl-rmath, in order to bring in a few functions that are in SPECFUN: pnorm5, qnorm5, lgammafn, pgamma, qgamma and qbeta. I've looked for these in LISP, but haven't turned up anything. Is anyone here aware of any versions of any of these functions in LISP?
  • An old dependency on LLA. Several of the files are commented out in the .asd file and all contain dependencies on various LLA functions. Functions that are no longer part of the LLA library. My guess is that these functions went away as part of the LLA reorganization and rather than port them, the dependent libraries just got commented out of cl-random.

Anyone have any idea of how LLA and cl-random were related? Any versions of the SPECFUN functions floating around that I missed?

Regards,
    Steve