LFE in production, circa 2018

mi...@forsterfamily.ca

Jun 24, 2018, 12:11:11 PM6/24/18
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
Hi,

I've been using LFE in production, daily, for nearly three years now. I just wanted to ask if any others here are (still) doing so as well, or if you primarily are interested in hacking on LFE for the sake of hacking on a PL (which, of course, is just fine :-).

Cheers,

Mike

Duncan McGreggor

Jun 25, 2018, 10:01:06 AM6/25/18
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
Yeah, amazingly I still have production apps running powered entirely by LFE (since late 2014, so about the same as you mentioned).

Sadly, my daily work doesn't involve LFE, and I have much less free time to devote to hacking these days :-( But I follow changes and updates avidly :-)

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Jul 2, 2018, 6:10:42 PM7/2/18
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
What sort of apps are you guys running in production?

Cheers,

Jamie

Robert Virding

Jul 2, 2018, 6:16:06 PM7/2/18
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
I am of course a bit biased and would like to use it in production, but unfortunately as I work in a mainly consulting company I don't get to choose. I did do an experiment for a client in translating C# code to LFE. It worked but unfortunately they decided not to continue with that project.

You couldn't guess the effort it took to translate mutable memory C# code to LFE. :-)

Anyway from my point of view LFE is still very much a living project.

Robert

mi...@forsterfamily.ca

Jul 5, 2018, 11:40:39 PM7/5/18
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
Hi Duncan, Robert!

Wonderful to hear that you're still interested even if too busy to... well, just too busy. I empathise. LFE is becoming ever more crucial to our systems, but I haven't had time to contribute anything back. I'll try to remedy that this fall, and, sooner, I'll share some notes about our production use (Hi Jamie!).

Best,

Mike

Duncan McGreggor

Jul 6, 2018, 12:10:47 PM7/6/18
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
Cool! Looking forward to both your notes and any contributions you're able to make :-D