NOTICE: Changes to commit LFE history, rebase needed

Duncan McGreggor

Jul 26, 2020, 10:29:38 AM7/26/20
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
Hey all,

I've just updated the LFE repo to fix a series of commits I'd made with an email address that was no longer tracked by Github. These changes have been pushed successfully.

However, you need to make some updates for all branches you have be or will be working on!

Starting with master and develop:

git checkout master
git pull origin master --rebase
git checkout develop
git pull origin develop --rebase

Then, assuming you have other local branches that were based upon the develop branch:

git checkout BRANCH-NAME
git rebase -i develop

Again, you'll want to do that for any branch that will eventually need to be merged into develop ...

I've tested all of this locally, and didn't run into any issues, but let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Duncan McGreggor

Sep 9, 2020, 1:03:52 PM9/9/20
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
We had to re-do this. Here's the message I've just posted on the #fe-dev and #general Slack channels:

⚠️⚠️⚠️

All branches and tags on the LFE Github project have been updated! The commit IDs for many commits have changed; all of the last commit IDs are now different.

If you are a git-master, you should be comfortable with a rebase. For all others, we recommend re-cloning LFE from
g...@github.com:rvirding/lfe.git or https://github.com/rvirding/lfe.git

If you have an LFE project with a
rebar.lock file, you'll need to delete that and regenerate it. You probably want to do the same with the ./_build and ~/.cache/rebar3 directories.

If you use the LFE rebar3 plugin, you can do the above with a single command:
rebar3 lfe clean-all

⚠️⚠️⚠️

We'll also post this on Twitter ...