My thanksgiving prayer..

Lisa Walford

Nov 26, 2020, 6:16:54 PM11/26/20
to Lisa Walford Pranayama

Trying to find the balance of inner reflection and outward gratitude:

Forgive me, forgive us

- for those who do not feel safe and protected from outer and inner harm

May I, may we

- dedicate our services to safeguard and lift up the afflicted, the suffering.

In deep gratitude to the native Americans for their sacrifice

In deep gratitude to the first Responders for their sacrifice

In deep gratitude to the plants, the oceans and the land for their sacrifice

Forgive me, forgive us

-for my humble service is but one person, one community

- It is not enough. is it ever enough?

Yet I, we, when we come together

- in our differences, in our diversity, our shapes, colors, needs, hopes, fears

When we come together

We are, we become

the fertile soil

to plant tomorrow's harvest.

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
― Melody Beattie